There are all kinds of recipes out there for banana salad. What makes this one unique is the dressing. Since it’s the time of the year for fresh cranberries, now is a good time to make this recipe.
EASY BANANA SALAD
3 bananas, well ripened
1/4 cup orange juice
Chopped peanuts (or nuts of your choice)
Cranberry Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- Peel the bananas, then cut then in half cross-wise. Make another cut length-wise, ending up with a banana cut in four pieces.
- To prevent them from discoloring, it’s best to fix the salads right before you plan to eat them.
- Dip the banana in orange juice (this also helps prevent discoloration).
- Roll the banana piece in the chopped nuts, pressing slightinly to partiallly embed the nuts into the banana.
- Arrange bananas on bed of lettuce.
- Serve with Cranberry Mayonnaise.
CRANBERRY MAYONNAISE RECIPE
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cranberry jelly (store bought or make you own)
1/4 cup whipped cream
- Blend mayonaiise and cranberry jelly until well mixed together.
- Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups dressing.
If you like bananas and you like cranberries, this might be just the recipes for you.